Sunday 13 January 2013

Rapid White 5 Minute Tooth Whitening Strips Review




Hi there!

As some of you may have seen from my Christmas Haul 2012, I received the Rapid White Tooth Whitening strips this Christmas which claim to be the UK's first non-peroxide dissolving strips. Within the pack, you receive 14 pouches, each pouch containing a upper and lower tooth whitening strip and an accelerator. To apply, you simply dab the accelerator onto the teeth you would like to whiten, and then press on the strips. I noticed that I had an overhang of strip at this point which I tucked under my teeth. After this, they start dissolving in your mouth and the majority of the strip will be gone within around 5 - 10 minutes. Then it is up to you whether you rinse or don't rinse. It tells you to do this for 7 days twice a day. .

On application, I didn't find them difficult to press onto my teeth. They didn't slide around at all or fall off the tooth, and there was no mess as no gel was involved. The taste was not bad either, it merely tasted like mint which was quite nice! However, I found that the strips hurt the inside of my lips a bit, and made my gums a little sensitive when later brushing, even though it claims to be a mild treatment. I also ended up having small bits of strip that had not dissolved in my mouth for a long time, until I eventually rinsed them away.

After the first application I definitely noticed that my teeth were a shade whiter, however as I continued to use them throughout the week I can't say I noticed a huge change. I used them exactly as instructed, including following the instructions for best results, i.e. not eating/drinking for 15 minutes afterwards and not running your tongue along the front of your teeth, but I'm not sure it helped. Overall, I found these whitening strips to be fairly average. While I do think that my teeth are slightly whiter, they unfortunately did not give me the gloriously white teeth I was after. 

Has anyone else got any tooth whitening recommendations?
Hope you're all well!

Catriona
x x x

31 comments:

  1. I have ALWAYS wondered if these things work - Thanks soo much for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for your review, i've seen these in boots but they're quite pricey so i wanted to read a review first. Not sure if i'll get these maybe if they go on offer!
    thanks again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a cool product! I want something like this. I hope I can find some where I am hehe. Lovely gorgeous white teeth! :) Cool find my dear!

    ★♡ Win $100 From SheInside (^_^) ♡★
    Early Pinkish Spring with SheInside.com
    ... By Creating SheInside Sets in Polyvore!

    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to ask you about these strips! I have the Crest 3D whitening strips and used them just once and found they made my teeth all sensitive and were a bit messy to use! I'm too scared to keep using them now incase they give me sensitive teeth again lol.

    But you're teeth do look nice & white! And it's good that they're non-peroxide :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. I love your lip colour! Really suits you :) xxx

      Delete
  5. hi Catriona! i so need a product like that but unfortunately in my country there are none :(
    cute blog! i invite you to mine and maybe follow each other on gfc so we can keep in touch?
    let me know!
    xo
    Mic.-
    www.mytrendyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I never tried any product like this so I dont know which one should work. Love your hair though. :)

    Kisses, Lucy :)
    stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, want those strips!!!! maybe we could follow each other?! It would be a pleasure for me :)

    http://glamourdrama.blogspot.it/2013/01/new-in-haul-saldi-parte-ii.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always wondered if they work! I've never used anything like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive actually always wanted to try these, so thanks for your honest review and advice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're so pretty. thanks for the review! :)
    following you xx

    join my galaxy leggings GIVEAWAY!
    http://sittingwaitingwishin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love whitening stripes - you have the most gorgeous lips!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so in need of doing this myself! Looks beautiful! Perhaps we could follow each other?

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha I so wanted to try this !
    I am going to try another product and I'll write a review too, see if some work better ?
    http://melolimparfaite.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  15. so great, i want this :)
    great blog :)
    ty for your lovely comment :)
    following u :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for your lovely comment and fashion insight on the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven't used any of teeth whitening products, but would love to try! Thanks for the review! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was wondering what these are like! One shade whiter is better than nothing though ;)

    www.northernblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for entering my competition :) Great to have you following. I follow anyone who follows me and comments so just returning the love :) I've a new post on Primark nail polish so feel free to have a look and let me know what you think xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. i don't have good results with the whitening things.. :( maybe because i'm not a coffee drinker a non-smoker etc. and my teeth are white enough - i don't know

    www.thefashioncolada.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect!You have a pretty smile!:)

    myuniqueworldoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love the color of your lips..Is that a gloss color?


    East Harlem dentists

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are really a beauty .I still suggest you go to dentist in kuala lumpur to have your teeth whitening there . Always listen to doctor say . just my 2 cent :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Teeth whitening strips! Do it really works? I remember my dentist Torrance suggested me to use these strips. But I ignored him. By reading your post, I think he was right.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is very informative and we have learned lot of things and thanks for sharing the blog and just keep on posting about dental products.
    Read this : dental braces

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the information. I will be reviewing it soon and will let you know if we have any follow-up questions.Best Teeth Whitening in Dubai Thank you for sending this info. I learned alot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Thanks for sharing this useful information please check my blog also Teeth Whitening Strips in Islamabad "

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments =) They brighten up my day!