Sunday 25 November 2012

bareMinerals Get Started Kit Review and Tutorial

This last summer I had an "I don't want to feel like I'm wearing makeup" phase, so I went out and bought the bareMinerals Get Started Kit. I  had heard that it feels weightless and  actually has some healing ingredients (rosemary), which made me very interested to try it. I was colour matched, and told I am a Light shade, and it matches my skin perfectly.


Inside the Get Started Kit in "Light":

Original SPF 15 Foundation in Fairly Light: N10

Original SPF 15 Foundation in Light W15
Original Mineral Veil
Warmth all-over Face Colour
Full Flawless Face Brush
Flawless Application Face Brush
Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush
Prime Time Foundation Primer
Get Started DVD
Top: Full Flawless Face Brush.
Middle: Flawless Application Face Brush.
Bottom: Maximum Coverage concealer Brush.


Top Left to Right: Mineral Veil, Warmth.
Bottom Left to Right: Fairly Light Foundation, Light Foundation.
Right: Prime Time Primer
From Left to Right: Mineral Veil, Warmth.
From Left to Right: Fairly Light Foundation, Light Foundation.
Application:
1) Firstly, I smooth Prime Time onto my face.
2) Then I apply the foundation using the swirl-tap-buff rule. I tap some of the powder into the lid of the pot, swirl the Full Flawless face Brush in the product till it's all gone and tap off any excess. Then I buff it onto my face; the more you buff the better coverage you will get. Using the Full Flawless Face Brush also ensures a full coverage.
3) Then I use the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush and go over any blemishes with the Foundation.
4) Taking a small amount of Warmth, I again use the swirl-tap-buff method and contour my cheekbones, under my chin and down my nose with the Flawless Application Face Brush. 
5) Lastly, I again swirl-tap-buff with Mineral Veil, and buff it all over my face, again using the Flawless Application Face Brush.

Wearing: Prime Time, Light Founation, Warmth and Mineral Veil. Then just some blush, liner and lipstick.

BareMinerals helps to heal the skin without using any unnecessary harsh chemicals. Also, the fact that it is a powder allows the feeling that you are not wearing any makeup, and it certainly looks very natural. It provides a very healthy looking glow, and is also super easy to take off at the end of the day.  In the picture above I am wearing the shade "Light", but as it is coming to Winter I'm sure I'll move onto using "Fairly Light" soon enough. 

Admittedly I don't use the foundation on an everyday basis, but that is simply because I prefer a medium to full coverage, whereas  I would personally say the bareMinerals Foundation provides a light to medium coverage. More than this, I just find that I don't have the time to do the swirl, tap, buffing everyday! 

I do however, use Prime Time and Mineral Veil most days. Prime Time keeps your makeup in place the whole day and Mineral Veil sets your makeup, leaving a lovely translucent glow.  I actually have many friends that use this whole kit everyday and love it, I think the only reason I don't use it all the time is the matter of coverage from the foundation. However, if you have relatively good skin, then this is a wonderful purchase!

If you are thinking about trying out bareMinerals for the first time, I would definitely recommend buying this Starter Kit first. It provides you with all the products you need to test out the range, including a DVD with information on how to use the products. This kit retails at £49.99 from www.debenhams.co.uk, which yes, is a little steep, but I think that it is worth it for the quality and quantity of product you are receiving. 

Has anyone else tried the bareMinerals range? Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Catriona
x x x

39 comments:

  1. I've tried Bare Minerals as well, but since I mostly use foundation and also prefer a medium to full coverage I wasn't too into it.

    I my face felt naked.

    I've stolen my mom's bronzer and primer before though and overall liked those. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think it's what you're used to, and I'm used to a medium to full coverage too!

      Yeah I love the primer the most I think =) I definitely need to start using the bronzer more!

      Thanks for commenting =)

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following, I followed you back :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment. Now following your lovely blog as well :) Keep in touch XO

    http://prettylittlethingsbyab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) Will definitely keep in touch!

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  4. I love your blog dear!
    I follow you right now ;)
    Thanks for your comment!
    Ila.
    MoreThingsAboutFashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much =) and my pleasure!

      Stay in touch!
      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  5. This kit seems to be really good <3

    Maybe we could follow each other? :D
    -> I already follow you! (name: "fille")

    My fashion blog :)

    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely get a lot in it!

      Sure I'd love that, I'm following you back now =)

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  6. thanks sweety, following back
    kisses,
    http://keepitstylishandsexy.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect post!
    I love your blog, i follow you :)
    Thanks for your visit and have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and thanks for following! Hope you're well =)

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  8. Nice products!!! thank you so much for your visit!!!
    I follow you with GFC now! want us to follow by Bloglovin? let me know...
    Have a good week!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you for following back =) Sure I'd love to follow each other by Bloglovin', following you now!

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much =)

    Stay in touch!
    Catriona
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your comment! You are very pretty sure I follow you back!! great blog!!

    Lovely greetings from Samorous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure =) and thanks for following back!

      Keep in touch lovely!
      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  11. I follow you by Bloglovin too!!!
    Besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey honey!
    Thabks for your lovely comment!
    I love your blog! It is ineresting and original!
    And you are really pretty I can tell!
    I'm your newest follower.
    Hope you follow me back!!! :)

    http://fashionofad.blogspot.gr/

    xo xo
    Olie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure! That's really sweet of you, what a lovely comment! And thanks so much for following, I'm following you =)

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  13. Thanks to stopping by my blog!! We are following you now. Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! Thanks for following =)

      Stay in touch!
      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. It's really nice and light isn't it =)

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  15. I've always been interested in Bare Minerals so I might have to check it out, especially since you look so gorgeous in it!

    xo,
    Sabrina
    http://www.rougespark.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go and have it tested on you and see what you think =) thanks so much that's so lovely of you!

      Keep in touch!
      Catriona
      X x x

      Delete
  16. I just love this stuff!!! Great review :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed!

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  17. Thank you =)
    Sure I'd love that! I'm following you on both Bloglovin' and GFC now =)

    Catriona
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much that's so nice of you =) thank you for following! I'll be happy to follow back!

    FOllowing you now =)

    Catriona
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Trine :) your blog is looking great! I really want to try some Bare Minerals out, I love that they're healthier on the skin - and I always trust your make-up recommendations! I nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog :) haha yaay!

    -Ciara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree I don't like to feel like I'm wearing make up... and I don't like it to look like I have too much on. Thank you for your kind comment. I'm your newest follower on both GFC and bloglovin. In fact, I showed lots of love on many of your wonderful posts. Hope you'll do the same.

    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your honest and great review, it sounds like this kit has all the main essentials, your final result looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks good! I haven't tried it, but I've been meaning to for some time. We'll see!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks great, I haven't seen this in retail before but now I know I will go check it out. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments =) They brighten up my day!