Monday 12 November 2012

Enrapture Encode Totem Styler Review

So recently I have read on a few blogs how amazing the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler is and decided to check it out for myself. I was then very excited to see the recent offer on the Boots website, costing only a measly £29.99 instead of the usual price of £74.99...bargain or what!! I had to have it! I have long, straight hair which can lie pretty flat, so am always on the look out for something to give it some volume and texture. Any extra oomph is greatly appreciated, especially for that price!

For anyone who has not heard of the Totem Styler, it is a curling iron which provides different kinds of curls according to which code you use. The styler has 3 different sections on the barrel which heat up independently of each other according to which heat setting is used.
Eg.  1 - Loose curls
            2 - Medium curls 
      3 - Tight curls

I decided to use the code 1-1-2, this way the hair will graduate from a loose wave into a fuller curl, achieving natural but defined curls.







Although the styler can be used as a wand, it has a fitted mini flipper which I used to hold the end of my hair while twisting the rest around the barrel, making sure it was spread evenly from the base of the styler to the top. Afterwards, I simply sprayed the ends of my hair with a small amount of hairspray and brushed my fingers through very gently to separate the curls.  

I'm so glad that I bought this styler! The curls are gorgeous and stayed in for two whole days without touching up on hair spray at all. Usually my hair is so straight they drop out as soon as they can, so that's good going for me! I also found it incredibly easy to handle due to the swivel wire at the bottom. It comes with a stand, a heat resistant pouch to keep it safe and a booklet explaining the styler and how to achieve some looks. If you'd like any further details travel on over to www.enrapturehair.com.

Now I'm excited to try all the other combinations available!

Catriona 
x x x

9 comments:

  1. Lovely curls!! Thanks for your visit, I'm following you back <3

    xoxo
    Glam Mania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I'm absolutely in love with this styler now, had to rave about it!

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  2. Aww, you are pretty, you have beautiful eyes!

    yuliconversation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair but prefer it straght :-)

    WorldByBella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting =) I love to hear different opinions!

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  4. I love your hair with the curls.
    Great blog you have, check mine if you like.

    http://justdailythings.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just checked out your blog and I'm now following =)

      Catriona
      x x x

      Delete
  5. Your hair looks gorgeous! I also love your floral wallpaper by the way... :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments =) They brighten up my day!